Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Podcasts

I listened to two podcasts from Dr. Strange's previous EDM 310 classes. The first podcast I listened to was titled "Using Facebook as an Educational Tool gto3so9." A few areas of improvement that I would incorporate into our podcast, would be to sound more professional, make transitions more smooth between sentences, look for an original way to go from one person to another, and have a good outline of what would be covered. I think that professionalism is key in expressing your thoughts on a podcast. The presenters used informal language a lot of time to describe facebook (e.g., things). Transitions between sentences need to be more natural. Presenters often sounded like the information was one long sentence. I think it's also important to transition between presenters in a host format. Maybe one person could introduce each person before their part. Finally, an outline would help the group be more focused and to the point.

The second podcast was entitled "What I learned from 'Shift Happens' BWo618MW." After listening to this podcast, I think our group should give more information on the Shift Happens video and not assume the listener has viewed the video. I also think that microphone positioning is important. Some people were too far from the microphone while others were too close.

No comments:

Post a Comment